The SPURR difference
Our innovation in consulting brings a unique way of working with clients; one specifically designed to maximise the market value of the strategy consulting experience. We call this the SPURR difference: the five reasons we stand out in the industry:
- Deep impact – lasting financial performance through strategies which look great on the bottom line and that client teams are proud of
- A total experience – a complete and meticulous journey ensuring market-defining strategy
- Leading-edge expertise – the best insight available, whether that’s SPURR’s own innovative ‘OISX’ consulting model, international thinking or the better use of traditional techniques
- Personalised – an engaging and tailored relationship through empathy with the client, their business and the industry
- Responsive – service delivery that is agile, easy to use, transparent and always high energy
The Client Experience
Each client’s needs and circumstances are different, so SPURR’s approach is to provide the best tailored experience possible to gain the maximum results. We like to build a relationship in the following way to ensure the service is just right for you.
Building understanding and trust
At our initial discussion we take as long as the client needs to build a picture of the key drivers and circumstances including how SPURR may be able to help. Areas covered would include:
- Key drivers – desire to open new markets, the next growth phase, going for the next round of investment etc.
- Internal changes – emerging strategy, structural changes
- Changes in the market – customer needs, competitor action, investor requirements etc.
- The potential of SPURR’s strategy consulting to add value
If it seems like a good business and cultural fit, then SPURR takes this information as a brief to develop an outline proposal.
A clear understanding of expectations
Based on the initial meeting and potentially further research, we craft an outline proposal to confirm our understanding of the key issues and dimensions of the strategy consultancy. The main areas covered would typically be:
- Key business aims and objectives
- Likely project deliverables
- Critical Timescales
- Scope of the work
- Likely people to be involved
- Estimate of the resources needed including budget
- The quality approach used
SPURR and the client discuss the proposal and if agreed, this forms the brief for a full proposal.
A bespoke plan to reach your potential
At this stage we take into account feedback and conduct further in-depth work to create a final proposal that incorporates detail under each of the areas in the Outline Proposal including:
- Commercial impact targets
- Specific people commitments required from the client
- A Gantt chart identifying the workplan, timing, milestones and responsibilities
- Full budget breakdown
- Monitoring and control protocols
A presentation is made to the client for discussion and, should the proposal be accepted, this forms the basis of the contract for the project.
An experience building clarity, energy and action
Once the project is agreed we undertake a project inception with clients to brief the key individuals and teams on the strategy programme ahead. Precision, openness and agility are key to the way we work, so throughout delivery we ensure:
- Open project communication and collaborative working to give full transparency
- Regular progress updates throughout – both real-time as well as more formal project reviews
- Change management – required variations to the project are signed off by Spurr and the client to ensure new requirements are clear and that momentum continues
Impact and legacy
The legacy of SPURR’s work is client businesses better able to compete over the longer term, whether it’s a total strategy programme or focus on a specific part of the strategy process.
This impact performance is critical, we need to know the progress against the project objectives and so we stay in regular contact to measure the financial and non-financial results.
We produce a client evaluation report following the project to capture the learning and to help embed the process with the client to build capability.